Just Another Blog

Just Another Blog
Latest Posts

Pound Puppies

By 12:22 PM

If you read this blog, then you know me. And if you know me, you know how much I love my sweet puppy. I adopted Addison from a shelter last summer, and she's been my constant companion since.  Addie's my first pound puppy. So it's been an interesting year to see how her personality has developed because of her previous life (experiences she had before me).

I realize that not everyone believes that dogs can have personalities or think little thoughts in those cute furry heads. I, however, do credit dogs with moods and dispositions. Which is why I believe the reason Addie's such a "love-y girl" (as I often call her) is because she's grateful. She's glad to be somewhere safe. She is grateful to be with someone who actively loves her. She's found a forever home.

This week I realized that I am like Addison.  I, too, am a pound puppy. I've had plenty of experiences, previous relationships that shaped me. I trusted others to care for me and they did not do that well--- my heart was not protected or valued.  Until now.

And now I can see and feel the stark difference between my former life and my everyday. I understand why Addie is such a sweetheart, why she's so grateful to be with someone who looks out for her. I relate. It's a big difference! It's like night and day, and the old life makes you grateful for the new. For the feeling of safety and love. I feel like I'm finally home.

You Might Also Like

1 comments