Just Another Blog

Just Another Blog
Latest Posts

The Fixer of Broken Things

By 2:40 AM

Adam has this funny habit of finding stuff to repair around my house. He'll come in with an agenda; he comes over and fixes broken things--- items I didn't even know were damaged.

Adam does this in my heart as well. His kindness, nearness, and emotional courage fix parts of me I didn't know were broken.  It's a beautiful process, knowing and dating this man.

And this habit of Adam's reminds me of my Father. Adam's tendency mirrors Abba, who made His agenda clear when Christ came. When Christ died to reconcile us all to God (2 Corinthians 5:19; Colossians 1:21-22). Jesus is the ultimate icon for repair.

My wounded heart is regularly laid bare, and the Lord heals it.
A fractured past is bottled up inside me, but God pierces my turmoil to restore.
When heartbreak was acute, Jesus transformed my ache into recovery.
My impatience, vile thoughts, and sinful nature reign from moment-to-moment, and then He recenters me.
Jesus fixes broken things and broken people. Actively.

Christ enters our lives with an agenda.  He comes with intentions. God sees our broken places and dauntlessly enters into the pain, to restore what was (or is) shattered.  This Abba that I follow is the fixer of broken things....

... and I am grateful.  For, like my home, I am in need of repair all my days.

You Might Also Like

2 comments