Just Another Blog

Just Another Blog
Latest Posts

Christmas Tunes

By 10:53 AM

I disagree with the Christmas-come-early craze in America..... decor hitting the shelves after

Halloween and Santa songs blasting from store speakers before Thanksgiving.  I admit wholly to my curmudgeon-ish ways. I simply believe we should celebrate holidays in the order they appear in our calendars.

However, once words of thankfulness are gushed and my waistline regrets all the Thanksgiving overeating..... then I happily indulge in Christmas Tunes.

My indulgences have limits, however, because I systematically dislike songs about Santa being run over, reindeer making too much sound on the roof, moms kissing Santa, and generally obnoxious Kris Kringle based songs.

I do like songs about winter, snow, cold, cheer, family, and Jesus. Yes, I'm pretty "old school" in that I really enjoy Christmas Tunes that include celebration of Christ's birth.... since God becoming man is the beginning of the story that ends in my rescue! I think my favorite Christmas song is "O Come Let Us Adore Him," so I leave you with a powerful rendition of this beautiful Christmas tune:


You Might Also Like

0 comments