Just Another Blog

Just Another Blog
Latest Posts

As fast as s(he) can

By 10:01 AM

I'm finally on the How I Met Your Mother bandwagon.  It took me a few years to become intrigued by the show, but this summer I started watching it season by season. Thanks Netflix!



I was watching an episode* in season 4 that pulled at my heartstrings.  Ted is discussing his loneliness with an old girlfriend and she replies with a stunning word of encouragement. The ex-girlfriend, Stella, affirms that Ted's future wife is on her way to him. "And she's getting here as fast as she can."

It's a good reminder, especially for anyone struggling with a lonely heart. The person you're longing for, praying for, hoping for is getting to you as fast as s(he) can.
-----

* I couldn't find a good clip of just this portion of the episode (Stella and Ted's car conversation). So, if you want to view this particular scene, scroll to 17:50 and watch through 20:05.





You Might Also Like

1 comments