Just Another Blog

Just Another Blog
Latest Posts

Mitch Makes Me Laugh

By 4:34 PM


Every few years or so I get on another Mitch Hedberg kick. Yes, THE Mitch Hedberg, comedian-extraordinaire; one of the funniest people to ever live on planet earth. I find his comatose execution brilliant and his observations of the world enlightening.

Here are a few brief examples of why Mitch was one of the greatest comedians of all time:
(1) My roommate said to me, "I'm gonna go shave and use the shower; does anyone need to use the bathroom?" It's like some weird ass quiz where he reveals the answer first.
(2) I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "Fuck it, cut em up!"
(3) When you buy a box of Ritz crackers, on the back of the box, they have all these suggestions as to what to put on top of the Ritz. "Try it with turkey and cheese. Try it with peanut butter." But I like crackers man, that's why I bought it, 'cause I like crackers! I don't see a suggestion to put a Ritz on top of a Ritz. I didn't buy them because they're little edible plates! You've got no faith in the product itself.

After a brief moment of self-reflection, I must confess that one of the biggest reasons I like Mitch is because he used to crack himself up when on stage. He, regularly, had a hard time completing a sentence because he found his own statement so entertaining.
I do that. But (sadly) have nowhere near the excuse.

P.S. Actual post coming soon. This little piece is just to buy myself some time :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments