Just Another Blog

Just Another Blog
Latest Posts

Safe?

By 10:43 AM


Last week as I drove through Nasvhville, I saw a billboard for a Christian radio station that promised to be "safe for the whole family."
I got about 2 minutes down the road before the anger rose up in my body.

For the first 30 seconds, I pondered questions like: Why is a Christian radio station "safe" for the whole family? Are other radio stations unsafe? Are they predators?
And how annoying that any radio station claims to be enjoyable for the whole family... what family enjoys the same music??

Then I began considering, why is the Christian radio station safe? Exactly what about Christianity is safe? And how does any atheist, follower of Christ, or other believer benefit from claims that Christianity is safe? What a misleading teaching in our culture!

I love an old quote by Erwin McManus that states, "The center of God's will is not a safe place, but the most dangerous place in the world. God fears nothing and no one. God moves with intentionality and power."
God is big and mighty. He is certain and assured; I mean, He's God for crying out loud. Oftentimes, following Him is the most dangerous option.

The idea that being a Christian makes one's life easy or safe is bogus. May we move past false promises of safety and embrace the task of following after Jesus for what it really is: sacrificial, dangerous, uncomfortable....... and worth every step of the journey.

Safe, however, it is not.

You Might Also Like

1 comments