Just Another Blog

Just Another Blog
Latest Posts

Seeker (of all things brave)

By 11:46 PM


I love this idea... that bravery is something to be cherished and sought after.  I want this to be true of me, that I am a lionheart and an inquirer after all things brave. May it be said of me that I strive towards courage in my own life--- making hard decisions, assuming spunky characteristics, owning stouthearted thinking, and encouraging fearless acts.

I find that I seek out others who are imprudent and daring. So many of my friends are gutsy in the way they live their lives--- the careers they choose, the adventures they begin, and the Christ they serve. Here's a recent example of just what I mean: Good Golly.

Unsurprisingly, I seek a braveheart as my spouse.  A man who is resolute in character. One who is undaunted by hard work, trials, stress, or the long way home. A selfless man with a brave love--- he who is fierce in his affection towards me. An old Jewel song summarizes this desire quite nicely:
I want a brave love, one that makes me weak in the knees. I want a crazy, crazy love, one that makes me come undone at the seams...  wherefore art thou Romeo? Where have all the brave men gone? Show me one man who knows his own heart, to him I shall belong.
What's really fun is finally knowing this braveheart (the man I've dreamed of and prayed for all these years).  Saying his love is deep, caring, brave, selfless, rich, forgiving, and assured would be an understatement.  But at least it's a start.  At least it's honest language that begins to describe his crazy, crazy love for me.

I've surrounded myself with friends, family, and a love that are rich in courage because I need it!  I need it as a seeker (of all things brave). I need spirited, plucky stalwarts in my life.  Can you relate?  Do you, too, sense a tinge of desperation for more bravery in the day-to-day? If so, then join me as a seeker...

You Might Also Like

2 comments