Just Another Blog

Just Another Blog
Latest Posts

My Great Addictions

By 11:59 PM

I have a few addictions, and by a few, I'm lying. In fact, due to my overly analytical nature, I'm somewhat prone to obsessive tendencies. This post is my valiant attempt to come clean, a public declaration of vices.
What follows is my top ten list... OF ADDICTIONS.

(10) Ice Cream
Rain or Shine. Winter or Summer. Ice cream is always good. Especially TCBY's white chocolate mousse, dippin' dots, and goodberry's (a North Carolina specialty).

(9) 80s Movies
I'm obsessed with every old John Cusack or brat pack film. I grew up watching Girls Just Wanna Have Fun every single weekend. Every weekend. The Breakfast Club is a must-see for any person who hopes to serve a useful function in American society. I honestly love 80s movies... and music.

(8) New Sneakers
If it didn't take so long to break in a good pair of running shoes, I'd probably buy a new pair in honor of each new month. 12 pair a year, that's not excessive, right?

(7) Girls Night Out
Sometimes you just need to be among friends who laugh deeply, dance spastically, cheer in public, tell embarrassing stories, eat heartily, sing foolishly, and come prepared with their own travel koozie.

(6) Good Writers
I love finding an author who practices the actual art of writing. A good writer pens a storyline that becomes as real as your own experiences, temptations, regrets, and joys. Good writing is as potent as absinthe and as crushing as an oceanside sunset. Some of my favorites include Khaled Hosseini, Dave Eggers, Donald Miller, and J.D. Salinger.

(5) Sunglasses
Aviators are the chief of all sunglasses; they're my default. I can't remember the last time one of my car passengers had to squint towards the sun's bold rays... because my vehicle hosts at least 3-4 pair of spare sunglasses at any given time. My affinity towards sunglasses can be likened to mankind's dependence upon water.

(4) New Music
Of all my addictions, I feel the least guilty about confessing my holistic obsession with music. I could buy a new album every single week for the rest of my life. I get addicted to a new song or new artist almost daily. Music is mmm mmm good!

(3) Sandwiches
I could live on sandwiches (and cereal) for the REST of my life! Special shout out to Jimmy John's, whom I would marry if he were an attractive, outdoorsy sorta fella. Though our marriage would likely end in divorce since I'd step out on sweet Jimmy for my beloved Dr. Pepper. It's a sickness really......

(2) Procrastinating
I am a procrastinator to my core. I put off the simplest (and biggest) of tasks and projects. I find my everyday mantra to be: why do today what can be put off until tomorrow?!

(1) Dr. Pepper
For all who know me, this is the easy list-topper. Dr. Pepper is my drug of choice. If I could hook my arm up to receive those delicious 23 flavors via intravenous therapy, I would. I'll take Mr. Pipp, but he barely has my respect. I prefer to turn to the good doctor for my caffeine fix.

Honorable Mentions:
Twitter
Old Pictures
Camping
Coffee Dates
Pursuit of the Perfect Pair of Jeans

You Might Also Like

5 comments