Just Another Blog

Just Another Blog
Latest Posts

Change a' comin'

By 1:29 AM

I was talking to my friend Korr the other day. We were catching up, swapping stories about the things that fill our days and describing new life developments.

Korr remarked: "Lys, it sounds like you're about to experience alot of change."

My internal emotional radar began to spike. Alarms rang out like emergency sirens. New thoughts surfaced, I faced the truth: She's absolutely right. I am on the verge of ALOT of change. Alot. This cannot be good. This will be difficult. This will be bleak. I am thirty days away from a whole new start.

Before I could utter a word of anxiety, Korr continued her commentary: "Alot of change! How exciting!! I love change."

My mind raced on: Alot of change is right! What is she talking about, liking change. She's crazy. Who likes drastic change? My world is about to get flipped upside down and one of my closest friends is blabbing about the so-called "fun" in change.



In case I haven't portrayed myself clearly, my current perspective doesn't exactly match Korr's outlook.
....but I'd like it to.
I'd like to face change with enthusiasm, the way I begin any grand adventure.

---

My roommate and I backpacked Europe for three weeks this summer.
Before we left for our trip, like a teenager on the last night of summer, I was too excited to sleep. I laid awake, hopelessly restless, wondering if this Eurotrip was to be the greatest wayfaring adventure of my life. I couldn't sleep because I was overcome with excitement. Three weeks of travelling, taking in history, experiencing different cultures and food and wine. Three weeks of new places, new people, and new memories. On the eve of our backpacking expedition I was ecstatic.

---

Is it possible to face all of life's big change moments with such zeal?
Such hope?
Such fearlessness?

I'm not sure yet.




.... but here's to a whole-hearted attempt.

You Might Also Like

0 comments