Just Another Blog

Just Another Blog
Latest Posts

The Heartache Series: A Conclusion

By 11:20 AM

I've been trying to decide what to write as the "grand conclusion" to a difficult season in my life.  I've spent the last month typing, deleting, imagining, erasing, and re-writing different words.  The truth is, I struggle to explain what the ending process looks like.  Perhaps because healing and restoration looks very different for every once-broken person.  Or maybe because moving forward isn't just a single decision, it's a daily choice, a pattern of liberation.  It's a determining to release everything that was and press forward with hope and forgiveness.

In terms of the ending phase, this I do know:
I'm done being angry. I'm done being sad. I'm done contemplating what did and didn't happen between me and a man I used to love.  I'm done being defined by a broken heart.  And I guess that's what makes me ready to pen a conclusion...  my mind and heart are no longer consumed by what I had, what I invested in, what I used to deem all important.

So, so-long heartache. I won't miss you a bit.
I guess I can appreciate the journey and all that I learned. And I certainly don't look back with regret. But then again, I don't look back.

Instead, my thoughts and hopes are on everything that comes next.


----




You Might Also Like

4 comments