Just Another Blog

Just Another Blog
Latest Posts

#itsthelittlethings

By 11:31 PM


One of my favorite hashtags (that I regularly use) is #itsthelittlethings.  This hashtag proves useful each time I tweet about "the little things in life" for which I am most thankful.  I want to be mindful of my countless blessings....  small things like a gorgeous sunrise and big things like a great job.

I was prepping for the new semester and jotted down a quick note about first day introductions.  I want each student stand up, say their name, and overview their favorite part of Christmas break.  And since I think it unfair to expect brave public speakers right away, I lead by example.  Thus, I spent some time contemplating my favorite part of the holiday break so that I would be ready to go first.

There are lots of things I could mention:
Getting to catch up with lovely friends.  Hiking pinnacle.  Yummy BBQ from Whole Hog.  Trip to Texas.  Going for a run in my old neighborhood.  First ever themed-Christmas-dinner (Ugly Sweater night).  My boyfriend flying to Arkansas to meet my family. Watching the Millner men play hockey, getting roughed up, cursing, and getting even with another goal.  Roaming my old college campus.  Dad and Lori's new UAMS scholarship fund.  Something's Brewing breakfast sandwich.  Et cetera, et cetera.

Truth be told, I had a fun Christmas break (despite the course prep work I had to intersperse into my vacation time and the stress I feel from trying to touch base with everyone possible).

But my favorite thing about my visit to Arkansas was: all of my siblings were home for an entire week.  It's true. All of them descended upon Little Rock for a full week.  It was spectacular!

It's so nice to catch up with them.  We played Taboo and studied the pool table like billiards is a life or death game.  We ate delicious meals prepared by Lori and her traveling assistant (i.e., baby sweetie).  CR and I kicked up our feet for a movie marathon.  Josh, Rachel and I took a litter of dogs straight up a mountain.  Nate painted secret canvases for us (a covert Christmas, if you will).  My dad and I went for a couple of bike rides.  We took communion together on Christmas Eve and rang in the New Year among a crazy crew of friends (a night that included slight molestation of Nina Rina by a handsy lesbian pal).  Katie and I had a long overdue coffee outing which lasted for nearly 4 hours.
That's the thing, it's easy to be with my family, they're some of my favorite people on planet Earth.

So here's to my quirky, yet lovable, family. The Fab Five in particular.  I am grateful for your lives and all of the laughter.  I love every inside joke, sarcastic comment, and loving encouragement. Because #itsthelittlethings...

You Might Also Like

0 comments