Just Another Blog

Just Another Blog
Latest Posts

Our Little Story...

By 9:03 AM

I can hardly believe I get to write this blog post because I can hardly believe this story is my own; sometimes it feels like a dream.

Six months ago I finally went out with a guy that my friend Meagan had been "pushing."  She and her husband had been in cahoots for months, chatting about the flawless match this guy and I would make.  After several failed attempts at a no-pressure group gathering, Adam took matters into his own hands.  He secured my number, called me up, and asked me if I liked sushi.  So, our first dinner was a blind date. I wandered around a restaurant I'd never been to, looking for a man I'd never seen before, trying to ignore the nervous feeling in my stomach.  Adam greeted me with a genuine smile and freckled hands. Somewhere between his "Hello" and "Can I see you again?" I was hooked.

Immediately, our whirlwind began.  That first date became four within the week.  We couldn't hide our interest or appreciation of the other's character, humor, priorities, intellect, or looks.  He jokes about being the shallow sort--one of the many ways he tells me I'm beautiful--and I laugh that I've been after a redhead for as long as I can remember. We tend to joke about our story being a fun fairytale, but the thing is, we aren't kidding.

From the beginning, Adam has been beyond all that I could ask or imagine. His words are actions, and I merely follow suit so that he hears and sees my love as it grows.

Perhaps what I'm trying to explain is that we fit. From our very first date, our connection felt like alignment.  He is the real-life answer to my prayers for a counterpart. Adam is my match in every way. He challenges me. He adores me. And the man loves me with reckless abandon.

As I tell him often, he has simply ruined me... ruined me for a lesser love.

So when he dropped to one knee with a single question in mind, I could not hold back the floodgates of happiness.  The one that my heart loves had plotted in secret to find me a perfect ring and stolen proposal moment. It was beautiful... but I will save that part of our story for another time!

Because today's account is a glimpse into a larger adventure... the story of how Alyssa became Alyssa & Adam.  It's not a new story, the idea of two strangers becoming life for the other, but we're okay with that. We aren't trying to be the first two lovebirds taking flight. We are just living our story, our adventure, our love with courage and joy.

So trust me when I say, there's more to come.

You Might Also Like

2 comments