Just Another Blog

Just Another Blog
Latest Posts

Promise Anymore

By 5:15 PM

Recently, my favorite song is The Chain by Ingrid Michaelson. The chorus repeats, "So glide away on soapy heels and promise not to promise anymore and if you come around again then i will take, then i will take the chain from off the door."

The segment "promise not to promise anymore" stirs something in me. I wonder how different I would be if false promises hadn't been blurted over me throughout my life. Several key people come to mind, and I'd like to sing over them: please please "promise not to promise anymore."

And then I think of the powerful promises of Christ. His good, life-giving promises.
I realize how I need promises from Abba. I am stronger, wiser, and lovelier because of His willful promises.

You Might Also Like

3 comments