Just Another Blog

Just Another Blog
Latest Posts

Receive, receive, grateful

By 2:15 PM

Remember that scene in City of Angels where Meg Ryan rides her bike without using the handlebars? She catches a glimpse of the sun through a tree-lined street and stretches her arms wide and high. She even closes her eyes towards those stunning rays and smiles with deep contentment.

This is the life I lead.
Or at least it's how I feel about life.

I was journaling last night, a practice I rarely make time for anymore, and gushed nonsensically about the gratitude that swells in my heart, mind, and soul daily.  I spend so little time thanking God for His goodness.  And so when I actually carve out the time to praise His faithfulness, I feel compelled to make up for lost times. Or something like that  :)

Last night I wrote in giant, frantic letters. Overcome with thankfulness. Overwhelmed by how He guides my steps, protects my loved ones, blesses my life, and challenges me too.  I wrote about wanting to "throw open my arms and receive and receive... overcome with all good things and desperate for more."

Now, I realize this is a thin line to walk: grateful for Abba's blessings without becoming one who looks to His hand instead of His face.  But that's not my story, at least not right now.  I rejoice in the goodness of God, not just the manifestations I recognize all around me.  I am overwhelmed by His goodness and I feel a bit like Meg Ryan. Able to appreciate glorious rays as they strike my weathered face. Able to stretch wide my arms and heart in gratitude.  Able, I hope, to invite the same from others.


You Might Also Like

1 comments